I've often compared my work at NVIDIA to being a professional debugger -- I spend a lot of time working with very new hardware and software in new and complicated deployments. It's a lot of work, a lot of fun, and I feel lucky to be doing it for NVIDIA. In 2010, my personal high points were:
- Spent three weeks in China for debug/tuning the top500 runs on Nebulae
- Gave a talk at GTC on the above experience
- theRegister wrote a mostly-accurate article on above talk
- Spent a lot of time getting GPUs working in the Amazon EC2 cloud
- Spent a few days doing debug/tuning for the top500 runs on Keeneland
- Gave a presentation on GPU Cloud Computing at SuperComputing
- Had an interview with HPCintheCloud on GPUs and HPC (on cell phone, in traffic)
- Co-wrote an article on HPC visualization for IEEE with a lot of smart people
- And a bunch of other things that I can't talk about yet....
So, welcome to ROC. There's more to come...